‘Miracle’ Man, 29, Who Woke Up From 244-Day Coma Killed By Pickup Truck

pon awakening from an eight-month coma, a man was fatally struck by a pickup truck.
Florida resident Drew Kohn gained notoriety as a “miracle” guy in 2017 after he survived an accident.
Tragically, though, the 29-year-old was struck and killed on July 26, 2024—more than six years after waking up from a 244-day coma.
Yolanda Osborne-Kohn, his mother, said to WTLV, “God granted my request, and I’m not angry.”
“I’m not irate. I’m content. After seven years, I distinctly recall telling myself, “Thy will be done,” while seated on Drew’s hospital bed.
Kohn was hit by a pickup truck at around 5:30 in the morning while he was allegedly strolling east on a Jacksonville, Florida, street.

The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office released the following statement to People magazine: “At that time, it was dark, and the pedestrian was not wearing reflective clothing.”Sadly, the pedestrian was struck in the outer lane by the pick-up truck driver who failed to see him. The pickup truck’s driver pulled over and dialed 911. After arriving on the scene, Jacksonville Fire and Rescue (JFRD) declared the person dead.
The driver of the truck remained at the scene, according to the authorities, and no one else was harmed or engaged.
It was also revealed that the medical examiner’s office and traffic homicide detectives had both been on the scene and were conducting their own investigations.
Kohn’s family established a GoFundMe page after the accident to assist with paying for his burial expenses as well as “medical expenses he accumulated.” As of this writing, more than $18,000 has been raised.

He was only “days away from his 30th birthday,” according to the fundraiser’s description, which also calls him a “modern-day miracle.”
Days before becoming 23 years old, years before Kohn’s tragic death, he had been in a terrible accident that had left him unconscious.
On July 17, 2017, Kohn’s motorcycle crashed into a car while he was riding it to the gym.
According to WTLV, the 22-year-old was taken to the hospital in a critical condition and placed in a coma due to a traumatic head injury, shattered shoulder, impaled lungs, and other injuries.
“Doctors thought he was brain dead and would never walk or talk again,” the GoFundMe website continues.

Oshnourne-Kohn told WTLV that, considering the likelihood of her son’s death, medical professionals advised her to gather her son’s organs for donation. She did, however, trust in God.
“My faith gave me the boldness to speak up and push back and let them know ‘You’re not getting a toenail or an eyelash,’” the mother stated.
When Kohn emerged from a +coma nearly a year after the crash, First Coast News reports that he said, “Yeah, Mom, I’m okay.” Mom, you are loved.”
Kohn gradually made a full recovery, going on to call himself “a modern-day miracle” and say, “My story represents never giving up hope.” God is the source of all possibilities. All I want to do is encourage them to never give up.
Kohn “is now completely healed and free,” according to the fundraising.

Fox News Host Leads Prayer on Air: A Surprising and Inspiring Moment

Pete Hegseth, the host of Fox News’ “Fox & Friends,” recently made a daring decision by leading a prayer during a sponsored piece that highlighted a Bible app. It was a refreshing move. Viewers have been talking about this surprise on-air demonstration of religion; some are skeptical, while others are grateful for the hosts’ openness to pause for prayer.

Known for his kind and amiable manner, Hegseth lightened the mood and put a smile on his co-hosts’ cheeks as he started the section. He laid up the background of what was going to happen with a hint of comedy. His coworkers laughed when he remarked, “We have more ‘Fox & Friends’ coming up, but you know what, this is a transition for transitions if you’ve ever had one.” Hegseth concurred with a hilarious aside, “This is very ‘Fox & Friends,’ so ready your heart,” as Rachel Campos-Duffy jokingly added.

“This is the fifth Sunday of Lent, and we’re continuing our prayer series by reading prayers from the Hallow app,” Hegseth said. “Let’s do it this morning, close your eyes, and bow your head if you would. We all need it.”

Hegseth’s co-hosts, Campos-Duffy and Will Cain, joined him in prayer with bows of respect. Hegseth led the prayer on screen, reading passages from the Hallow app. “Jesus, today we begin the holy period of Passion tide,” he prayed in a sincere manner. Please, throughout these final two weeks of Lent, enlighten us on the mystery of your submission and sacrifice and intensify our awareness of your love for us. We beg you to reveal yourself to us and enable us to experience the grace of your presence.

Hegseth ended the prayer by thanking Christ for his unselfish love demonstrated on the cross and the Hallow app for collaborating with the show during Lent. Campos-Duffy offered a sincere “Amen” to confirm the prayer.

The Fox News anchors have publicly discussed their faith on the program before. Host Kayleigh McEnany said that she thought Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson believed God was leading the way in a prior episode. Pray for him as our speaker, everyone, said co-host Ainsley Earhardt. God needs to give our nation some direction right now.

Although everyone acknowledges that people have the right to practice their faith freely, some people might have taken offense at this on-air prayer. Many others, on the other hand, thought it was a good idea and appreciated that the hosts would pause their hectic broadcast to pray for a moment.

Related Posts

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*